Success in life is not and will never be about money, developing the right attitude and mindset is very crucial for success in life as a young African as i indicated in my last episode of the series The Principal things for African Young People.
As i interact with thousands of young people yearly across Africa through conferences, capacity building seminars and events i see more than 90% of them with locked potentials and ideas in them because they think and believe that their journey to success only starts with money or the right university degree and they don’t know or have not realized that their greatest asset to succeeding in life is the right attitude, right mindset and managing their time effectively. The right attitude/mindset leads to money; money rarely leads to right attitude/mindset. The most successful people i know are people who worked on their attitude and mindset at the early stages of their life because they knew these are keys to their success and for them to be the best version of themselves.
In this episode, i will be sharing with you ways you can keep the right attitude/mindset in check despite the challenges, difficulties and downtimes. No matter what is going on in your life, no matter what your age is, where you were born or your gender, you can be a success if only you develop and maintain the right attitude/mindset.
1. Positive Self-Talk: The talks and chats you have with yourself are very important, you talk to yourself every minute, so be careful what you say to yourself. Don’t criticize yourself and doubt yourself but instill positivity and inspiration in your life
2. Action: Action is the only antidote for fear. Developing a strategy or dreaming is one thing but taking action to execute is another. Make up your mind to take action after planning, action helps you build trust in yourself
3. Ignore Certain Friends: Do an analysis of your friends and delete whiners and complainers, friends who don’t add value to your life or provide you with positive advice and strategy are vampires. Run my from them or they will kill your destiny
4. Identify your strengths and Weaknesses: Do a self analysis, know your greatest strengths and develop them, know your weaknesses and manage them.
5. Smiling: Smiling will give you immediate attitude boost. Always try smiling for a minute while you think of a happy moment or the last thing that made you smile.
Remember our attitude toward life determines life’s attitude toward us, a positive attitude/mindset makes you happier and more resilient.
About the Author
Javnyuy Joybert is a Social Entrepreneur, Empowerment Coach, Public Speaker and a dynamic, prolific and strategic Entrepreneurship/Business Management Trainer/consultant and a personal efficiency strategist. He is focused, question asker, answer seeker, problem solver and purposeful young African. He is the CEO of The Center for Entrepreneurship, Leadership and Business Management Development (CELBMD) Africa (www.celbmdafrica.org), Head of Njorku Career Centers (www.njorku.com), Country Director Consultant for C-Life (www.myclife.org), COO of Most Influential Young Cameroonians Initiative and YALI RLC Fellow. He has been nominated and has worn several local and international awards. He is the author of How to Confront the Limits; he has lectured Entrepreneurship & Business Management courses in two private universities in Cameroon for 5 years (2012-2016) and has been featured on numerous publications across the world